In this conversation, Michael, Robert, and Morris discuss:
- Obstacles to spending time in Scripture
- The discipline of a quiet time
- Discipleship in the home
- Encouragement for pastors: modeling Bible study for the congregation
- How to help others grow in the Word
- Helpful resources for engaging in fruitful Bible study
- Discovering that spending time in Scripture is FUN
“Discipleship has got to begin in the home, we’ve got to share our love for God’s word with our children and show them how to study it.”
– Robert Morgan
“In this age of soundbites and memes where we grab one verse that might make a nice post for social media, we need a little bit more. We’ve got to model Bible study for others.”
About Robert J. Morgan
Robert J. Morgan is the teaching pastor of The Donelson Fellowship in Nashville, Tennessee, where he has served for over 40 years. He is a best-selling, gold-Illuminations, and gold-medallion winning writer with more than 35 books in print and approximately 5 million copies in circulation in multiple languages. Rob has appeared on numerous television and radio shows. He speaks widely at churches, conferences, schools, and corporate events.
Until the end of the year, inContext listeners can visit logos.com/incontext and receive 15% off select logos products using the code INCONTEXT2021
If you’ve considered investing in Logos for yourself, now is the time!